This is NOT your grandmother’s potato salad.
I hated the stuff until I was a teenager, and I definitely don’t like the soupy mayo concoctions. Mine is light on the calories and heavy in flavor. Even the most vehement anti-potato-salad people like mine, I promise!
- Cut and boil red bliss potatoes (I used 2 small TJs bags)
- Boil a dozen eggs
- Chop green onions, red onions, celery
- Cool cooked potatoes and eggs
- Peel and chop eggs
- Stir prepared ingredients
- Sprinkle in 1/2 a container of bleu or gorgonzola cheese
- Fold in just less than 1/2 a container each of light sour cream and 2% greek yogurt
- Add spicy mustard to taste (1/4 cup should do)
- I seasoned with Tony Chaccheres, bbq dry rub, dill, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic, champagne vinegar, salt and pepper.
- I serve with some crisped bacon, basil, and a splash of Tabasco, but they are all optional.
(Then use the leftover Greek yogurt to make a low fat Beef Stroganoff and pat yourself on the back ;))